Well if good news comes in one huge go this is proof of it! First we launch the new Biomechanics Education Academy, our centre of excellence if you will, our new home. If you haven’t seen the pictures.. Where have you been?
And now, finally, after a lot of hard work behind the scenes, we have our brand new Level 4 qualification. How exciting is that!?
We are going from strength to strength and each new piece of news we keep delivering is evidence of that! And so I wanted to take a moment to tell you about this new qualification we can offer and how it’s going to help you as a Biomechanics Coach, personal trainer, pilates instructor, or sports therapist.
What Does This Mean?
Well anyone who joins our academy for the full diploma gains a dual certificate!
You get your Biomechanics Coach Diploma as normal, which is already awesome, but now you will ALSO receive your Level 4 Lower Back Pain Specialist qualification. WHHHAAAAATTTT!
How cool is that!?
What Does A Level 4 Qualification Mean To You As A Trainer/Coach?
It means a few things…
- It’s yet another way to stand out from the crowd
- It makes you a specialist – and specialists get paid more than generalists.
- Your confidence will increase in terms of the issues you face with your clients.
- Job opportunities should increase due to demonstrating a commitment to your education.
- Increased language skills in terms of communication with other professionals, physios, consultants etc
- Improved service offering in terms of the diversity of you tool box
- An understanding of what pain is and isn’t.
- How to manage clients that are in pain.
- An understanding of periodisation principles in terms of preparation and (performance) conditioning.
What Do We Cover In The Level 4 Low Back Pain Qualification?
The aim of this qualification is to provide the learner with the appropriate knowledge and skills to design, deliver, monitor and evaluate structured,
Learners will cover:
Knowledge and understanding relating to the Level 4 Low Back Pain Qualification:
- epidemiology of low back pain
- risks and causative factors involved in the development of low back pain
- national guidelines for the treatment and management of low back pain
- contraindications and psychosocial considerations when planning physical activities for the client with low back pain (risk stratification)
Skills relating to the qualification:
- subjective and objective methods to collect sufficient information to plan safe and effective physical activity programmes for individuals with low back pain
- how to select safe and effective physical activities which are specific to the client’s health status, risk stratification, needs and abilities
- the effective use of layering / layered cueing within progressive physical activity programmes for individuals with low back pain
- a range of validated methods used to monitor review and adapt physical activity programmes for individuals with low back pain
- advice covering lifestyle, homecare, exercise, which is suitable for the individual with low back pain
Registration status of full Level 3 Exercise Referral Instructor on the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs), or either of:
a) Registration at Level 4 prior to September 2011 plus achievement of a Level 3 fitness qualification
b) Achievement of a Level 4 prior to September 2011 plus achievement of a Level 3 fitness qualification
150 hours of relevant professional practice at Level 3 in designing, delivering, monitoring, adapting and tailoring exercise programmes for individuals gained within the previous two years and at least six months experience since qualification (to be evidenced in a CV and reference letter).
Note: Learners are required to complete the online Professional Practice unit via the members area of the REPs website (free to complete) where the learner holds an NVQ exercise referral qualification on the QCF. This unit is embedded in the QCF exercise referral qualifications.
- short/long answer paper
- case study (programme design and review)
- observed instruction session
SPECIAL OFFER – We Are Giving The Level 4 Low Back Pain Qualification Away
Perhaps I am still feeling a bit crazy and excited, but I wanted to open up a special offer to YOU.
So if you have been thinking about joining our academy, or if you were thinking about doing a Level 4 qualification this is for YOU.
If you book onto our Biomechanics Coach Diploma this side of Christmas, I will give you the Level 4 Lower Back Pain qualification as a BONUS – YES completely free of charge!!
*But please note to gain the Level 4 is a *GP Referral Qualification that you should gain in advance.
Something we feel very passionately about it face to face education and that includes passing on information that is easy to apply into a training session with your clients straight after the workshops.
Yes we will have in depth discussions but even at this L4 it has to be simple to apply into your sessions, right? Otherwise what’s the point in gaining knowledge!?!?
What we will do across the 5, 2 day face to face workshops is give you all of the practical hands on skills you need to discover where your clients ‘issues’ are coming from and what to do about it.
We have always included far more than the Level 4 Low Back Pain qualifications content but now you actually get to call yourself a low back pain specialist, an elite PT, a Biomechanics Coach or even a Level 4 Low Back Pain Specialist Biomechanics Coach!
Along with this you will also get access to the most amazing community of practitioners from ALL backgrounds to network, troubleshoot and share ideas, thoughts or dilemmas either via online forums and/or at our regular face to face IBA workshops.
We don’t simply educate, we pride ourselves on the personal touch and the level of support available to all of our learners from not only us but also the IBA and the community.
Now there is still time for you to grab not only the 2018 prices for our 2019 workshops but also:
You will get the Biomechanics Coach starter kit goodie bag worth £80!
- Foam Roller
- Lacrosse Ball
- Resistance Band
- Anatomy Book
- T Shirt
- iMoveFreely Drawstring Bag